ETHICAL PRINCIPLES AND PUBLICATION POLICY
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors, Assistant Editors and Field Editors
- Editors, while deciding whether to publish the articles, take care that the articles are original and contribute to the scientific literature.
- Editors take into consideration the original value of the articles, their contribution to the field, the validity and reliability of the research methods, the clarity of the narration, and the purpose and scope of the journal while making a positive or negative decision about the articles.
- Field editors select referees for articles by taking into account their areas of expertise and support the referees in making impartial and independent evaluations.
- Editors/Assistant Editors consider whether there is conflict of interest between the field editors, referees and author(s) for the unbiased evaluation of the article.
Ethical Responsibilities of RefereesThe referees who will evaluate the articles submitted to this journal for publication should observe the ethical responsibilities listed below:
- The referees should make the evaluation with impartiality and confidentiality.
- When the referees understand that there is conflict of interest, they are expected to inform the editors, immediately.
- Referees should make the evaluation in a constructive language in accordance with academic and common publishing etiquette; personal comments containing insults and hostility should be avoided.
- The referees should evaluate the article within the given time limit.
Ethical Responsibilities of AuthorsThe ethical responsibilities of the author(s) who submit articles for publication to this journal are listed below:
- The author(s) should not submit an article which has been sent for publication or published elsewhere.
- The author(s) should refer to the sources they used during the writing of the article, in accordance with the ethical principles.
- Persons who have conflict-of-interest regarding the article applied for publication should be reported to the editors.
- The author(s) should upload the document showing that the consent of the people who participated in the research work presented in their articles had been obtained.
- The author(s) should indicate that they have received ethics committee approval for their studies requiring an ethics committee decision; the name of the ethics committee, decision number and date should be stated on the first-last page of the candidate article and in the method section, and the document showing the ethics committee decision should be uploaded to the system during the submission of the article.
- The Turkish Journal of Engineering Research and Education, of which the first issue was published on June 15, 2014, is a national and international refereed journal that emerged as a result of the division of the Journal of Science and Technology in the 21st century and is published twice a year (May and November issues).
- Articles written in either Turkish or English languages are published in the journal, however, there should be a summary section in both languages.
- Article abstracts should be 200-250 words long and contain 5 keywords.
- Original research articles should not exceed 15 pages. Review studies should not exceed 20 pages, and short articles and letters to the editor should not exceed 3 pages.
- Manuscripts submitted to the Turkish Journal of Engineering Research and Education must not have been previously published or submitted for publication. However, studies published as full text in congresses, conferences, symposiums and workshops can be accepted for evaluation in an expanded form, provided that the event name, place and date are specified.
- Responsibility for the works that are in the evaluation process and published, belongs entirely to the author(s).
- All publication rights in the written and electronic media of the articles accepted and published in the journal belong to the Turkish Journal of Engineering Research and Education.
- No royalties are paid to the author(s) for the works published in the journal. The author or authors transfer the copyright of the articles published or accepted for publication directly to the Turkish Journal of Engineering Research and Education without the need for any procedure.
- While uploading the publication, the authors are also asked to upload the scan results obtained with any plagiarism prevention program. The similarity rate of the work obtained by excluding the References and Appendix should not exceed 20%.
- If the articles submitted to this journal are found appropriate in terms of content, they are evaluated by appointing at least 2 referees.
- Article evaluations are carried out by applying a double-blind peer-review system. For this reason, the article file prepared in accordance with the template of the Turkish Journal of Engineering Research and Education for the evaluation process should not contain any inscriptions indicating the name and identity information of the author(s). The file name should not contain the author name, and the file contents should not contain the author information. In addition to this, while the article is being uploaded, the author information in the work must be entered in the registration system completely and must be specified in the copyright transfer form.
- The articles sent to the referees are expected to be evaluated within 30 days. If this period is exceeded, the editor gives an additional 10 days by reminding the referee. If this period is exceeded, the editor appoints a new referee and withdraws the request from the old referee.
- The evaluation period varies depending on the availability of suitable referees, their appointment and reaching the sufficient number of reports.
- Manuscripts for which positive opinions are received from the referees are included in the publication process. If one positive and one negative report is received from the referees, the manuscript is sent to a third referee if approved by the journal editor.
- The acceptance-rejection decision about the article is made by the editors. For the articles that are not found adequate, a major (resubmit for evaluation) or minor (correction required) revision decision is made regarding the improvement of the article. Articles that do not reach the desired level and are not considered scientifically sufficient are rejected.
- During the layout work, the author(s) has to reply to the submissions made for checking and correction within the specified time. The articles of the author(s) who do not respond within the specified time may be postponed being evaluated in the next issue.
- The articles whose evaluation process is completed are listed according to the date of submission and published in the relevant issue of the journal. For articles accepted for publication, an acceptance letter is sent to the author(s).
- There is no evaluation and application fees for the articles sent for publication. The Journal is completely open access and all expenses are paid for by Turk Eğitim Sen.
Article Writing FormatTo guide the authors for preparation of their articles, the templates prepared in LaTex and MS Word format are available on our website.